- For the lovely playground, with great views to the mountains of Mani and the sea of Diros
- For all the goodies at breakfast
- For the chance to sleep in a different room than their parents, often in a maisonette, at the top of a real life castle or in a room with an Olive Press in it!
- For the spacious stone-built verandas with views in some rooms and
- The traditional patios in others
- For all that extra space, the living area, the dining area, the large bathrooms
- Because they get the chance to explore the patios and alleys of a real castle, discover inscriptions on stones and gaze from the tower itself
- For the historical memorabilia on the stone walls, telling the history of the Arapakis family through the years, especially all the sea adventures of captain Arapakis
- Because there is a horse riding center 500 meters from the hotel
Arapakis Historic Castle is a perfectly restored Maniot castle located in the cobble-stone alleys of Charia village in the heart of Mani. Featuring 7 spacious family apartments, all stone built and with state-of-the-art appliances in their fully equipped kitchens, as well as patios or verandas with views, this historical property offers families a unique accommodation experience in a traditional Maniot castle. Among the family apartments, it’s the Olive Oil Press Studio, the Mill and the Castle itself! All that in a picture-perfect hotel, offering breakfast, a playground, gym and amazing sea views!
Hotel Pandora is another amazing option right next to it.
- For the quiet location, in the heart of an old traditional Maniot village with cobble-stone alleys that lead to the beach
- Because it’s within walking distance from Diros beach and the famous Diros caves, which Αrapakis the ancestor discovered and where you can also go on horse! Ask the concierge.
- For the one of a kind experience to stay with kids in a restored Maniot castle, owned by a historical family
- Because the restoration was done by the civil engineers and owners of the castle, who have also contributed in the restoration and conservation of many local historic buildings
- For the state-of-the-art Smeg appliances in all the kitchens, which are fully equipped, by the way
- For the rich breakfast, which includes eggs and cheese made by the owner, traditional delicacies and homemade treats
- Because it’s right next to lively Areopoli and at the perfect spot to explore the whole Laconian Mani
- Because the kids can safely entertain themselves at the playground
- Because the apartments might be traditional, stone-built and decorated with attention to detail, but they’re also spacious, with plenty of room for the kids to play
- For the gym
- Because you can book yourself a massage session in the privacy of your apartment
- For the parking space, available free of charge on location, usually right outside your door
- Because there are travel cots available
- As well as high chairs in the restaurant, making packing easier
Arapakis Historic Castle is situated in Charia, a picturesque traditional Maniot village, with cobblestone alleys that lead to the famous Diros cave and its pebble beach. It is 5 minutes away from the vivid picture-perfect town of Areopoli and just 10 minutes from the famous fish town of Limeni, its lovely seafront restaurants and plenty of water sports options. Gerolimenas and its fabulous water sports are an easy 20 minutes drive, while the sandy Kotronas beach and Halikia Vatta bay with its fish taverns are within 20 minutes. The instagram sensation of Alypa and the old town of Vatheia are 30 and 35 minutes by car. While the unique experience of the southernmost point of continental Europe, Cape Tainaron is just 45 minutes away. Charia is about 3,5 hours from Athens and a 1,5 hours drive from Kalamata airport.
See more about Mani with kids.
- Air Condition
- Baby Cot
- High Chairs
- Near The Beach